Sunday 24 January 2010

Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year

I went to London over the weekend for the 'Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year' Exhibition. Was absolutely stunning, the best exhibition I've ever been to except for Gunter Brus.





This is my favourite one:



The pictures were striking and it was that case of walking around by yourself thinking about nothing but inspiration, admiration and happiness from not only these creative beautiful shot images but these strong, fierce wild life.

I did feel quite embarrassed for the organisation though as the overall winner of the adult competition was deemed a fake. After processing all the leaflets, flyers, press packaging, books. The photographer is strongly denying that the animal used was tame or a model.
Read more about that here.

This is the image that was disqualified


I came out feeling over ambitious I CAN TAKE PICTURES LIKE THIS! No, no you really can't...Good attitude though right? and feeling way inspired. I even bought 6 postcards to remind me of my trip.

This exhibition is on till 13th April 2010 at the Natural History Museum in London.
Pricing for entry is £8.
For more information please visit here.

1 comment:

Sally said...

i went to this last year, fucking amazing

Related Posts with Thumbnails