Wednesday 26 May 2010

RIP Paul Gray (April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010)




I remember being in school and many of my friends listening to Slipknot, KoRn (love how I still type it like that!), Soulfly, Deftones and various other metal acts the only ones I liked were Deftones, Korn and Slipknot.

The days where we would spend our evenings sitting in the park across from school drinking neat vodka, smoking cigarettes and loving our lives. These bands play (literally) as a 'memory' for me now and even though smoking, drinking and getting high at 16 sounds shocking we all did it together, we all had the up most fun and we never ever did it to get into trouble.

When I heard Paul Gray passed on a little bit of my heart sunk as like I say these are the bands that I was listening to growing up.

My heart goes out for his family and his wife (who was expecting his first child) I can only imagine what die hardcore Slipknot fans are feeling over this news.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails