Tuesday 26 July 2011

Feature: BB Manik.



So, what are you all about?
I rap, sing and produce. I'm the CEO of Raw Riddim Records & also have a clothesline debuting later this year. My official debut album (as "B.B. Manik & the Lightning Powered Manatee) will be available in Autumn. Til then, I'll be touring throughout the country (including some festival appearances with Rolf Harris).


Who inspires you?
My two main inspirations are Michael Jackson and Pharrell Williams. I love how both of them take elements of different genres to create perfect pop music.


Who have you toured with?
I've toured with JME, Tomb Crew & Wiley to name a few, but Rolf Harris is the most famous artist I've ever toured with. He probably gave me me the biggest exposure I've ever received, as it was thanks to him I played on the main stage at Glastonbury last year. I should be playing a few festivals with him again this year.


Who was the best artist you've collaborated with?
The best artist I've worked with is Freezi. We have different styles on tracks, but we compliment each other & we always inspire friendly competition in one other. I think it means we bring out the best in each other & that ultimately means the music is better.The best artist I've worked with is Freezi. We have different styles on tracks, but we compliment each other & we always inspire friendly competition in one other. I think it means we bring out the best in each other & that ultimately means the music is better.The best artist I've worked with is Freezi. We have different styles on tracks, but we compliment each other & we always inspire friendly competition in one other. I think it means we bring out the best in each other & that ultimately means the music is better.




Tour memories? Spill 'em...
There's no one tour memory that stands out particularly as being wild, but in the early days of being in Tomb Crew, it was insane. We were all balancing full time jobs with gigs booked around the country at all hours of the morning. It taught us important it was to grind & stay humble. I'll never forget those times, they really helped shape the artist I am today.


Check out this super talent here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails