Monday 26 July 2010

Cornbury Festival Review






Remember out competition with Vitamin Water.

The winner has written an over review for us.

From the Monday I had seen stages and caravans arriving by the cover of
night for the festival weekend, as oddly enough - the Cornbury Festival was
going to be happening at the other end of the field to my office. So it was
with bleary eyes that I set off from Sheffield early Sunday morning after a
prior engagement (sorry David Gray) to make the 2 and a half hour drive down
to what felt like (at that moment in time) work.

I've got to thank Deer Brains for tempting my trip down after winning a free
ticket - I don't think I would've been able to visit a Jamie Oliver food
stall for breakfast anywhere in Sheffield - or indeed any other festival.
It was the perfect base to enjoy a very different festival. I'm used to
Glastonbury, Leeds, Coachella and Benicassim but this was a very unique and
very much felt like an Oxfordshire festival. After all, you know you're not
in Leeds when you're poking at stuffed lavender pillows with Pimms in hand.

Music wise I don't think my head would've coped with anything too intense -
so it started off nicely with the local Chipping Norton All Stars and
continued through the day with classic Reef and the most enjoyable The
Feeling. Overall it was the perfect Sunday that almost felt like the local
village fete on a much grander scale. I don't think I would've made it had
it not been for winning the tickets - but I'm glad I entered my tale of the
weird toilet games people play when inebriated at festivals. Fortunately I
witnessed none of this at a very pleasant Sunday at Cornbury Festival and
apologise to Deer Brains for not taking advantage of going on Saturday - the
next Pimms is definitely on me.

Jonny

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails